Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bathroom Renovation Bad Timing...

What did I do 2 days before Thanksgiving when I came home to find my guest bath ripped out? I freaked out, of course. We were having Thanksgiving dinner at our house for about 25 guests and my bathroom was ripped apart!


My dearest husband thought this would be a great surprise and a great time to do a renovation. We had talked about doing it over the holidays and I did have all of the materials (well, most), but I assumed we were on the same page of doing it after the big day. Wrong!

1 day before party

Well, it all worked out after a few dozen trips to Lowe's and Home Depot (even begging them to let us in at closing the night before t-day to just get "one little thing") to get things that he just happened to need even after I thought he had everything. There are a few detail things that still have to be done, but it was up and running for the big day and it looked great! Now, after the fact, after my blood pressure has returned to normal, after a major "freak out" session, I am soooo happy with the outcome.
I am also so thankful that my dear hubby worked such long hours (past midnight) even after working all day. And, I'm so thankful that my neighbors didn't call the cops when he was using the tile saw at 8 am on Thanksgiving morning! All in all, I have much to be thankful for...
Here's the results:

the day of the party:

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey deco diva! Dig your fishes - you must have some kind of hubby - amazing that he finishes a project so quickly - my contractor takes at least a yr, or more!

Jones Renovations said...

I failed to mention that I had the sinks and tile for almost a year in anticipation.....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, talk about pressure. that must been very difficult to do at such a short time. It looks great, was not sure about the fish, but they have grown on me....I m actually thinking about renovating my bathroom and I am scouring the internet for ideas, this is what have come up with so far- what do you think? http://www.stivesbathroomrenovations.com.au/gallery.php
the top row, shower and bath

Anonymous said...

Hi DecoDiva
Well done! with full marks to your Hubby.I'm a Tiler by trade and always looking for alternative ideas that have actually worked. Could you tell me and others where you bought the 'Fish Bowls' from. I have helped make an actual vanity top that doubled as a fish bowl. If I ever catch up with him again I will post the pictures somewhere.
Thanks again

Jones Renovations said...

Thanks! I actually got them on ebay! They have some really unique ones that are very inexpensive. Here's a link to a few talavera sinks.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor on the top floor has started renovating their bathroom ans the water now sips into our flat. what is the ideal solution.

Anonymous said...

this is amazing. you said one day? he's good. make sure you keep it in great shape, i saw an eco friendly bathroom cleaner>

Anonymous said...

Is that picture frame I see in your photo a hidden medicine cabinet? If so, is it The Concealed Cabinet by iinnovators (www.ConcealedCabinet.com)? I plan to buy one from them and wondered if you would share your thoughts on them.

toronto kitchen renovations said...

Thanks for giving informative updating... It's really helpful for me...

Chris said...

I'm a new house owner and love reading these kinds of articles. Seeing others situations really allows me to think of great ideas to use for my own bathroom renovation.

Unknown said...

Your bathroom looks fabulous,Congratulations on pulling it all together. I always love reading your columns.
built on your lot homes

freebies and free samples said...

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject. Bathroom looks fabulous and I have found it enormously useful.

Cotton Bags said...

It will be valuable to anybody who usess it, including me. So helpful and massive bags so useful post. it helps me get rid of my trouble! I think it is quite interesting and I saved a bookmark in my internet.

agenzia promoter said...

Your site has been mentioned in my forum as a recommended reading. I appreciated your distinguished manner of writing this post. I am glad I passed by to see it.

Leawood bootcamp said...

Good to see that Bathroom Renovation Bad Timing, nice design.

Hampton Personal Training said...

very nice collection,
i like it....
thanks!!!

updating a bathroom said...

Useful information and excellent design you got right here! I would like to thank you for sharing your ideas stuff you post! Great work!

Bathroom renovation said...

I read your blog your all tips are superb for interior and exterior renovation.

Unknown said...

I appreciate your idea here. Definitely it has a good content. Thank you for imparting more of your Excellent Blog! I really admire your thinking and the way you have put these information in this post. Thanks for sharing an informative post.
Bathroom Design North East

Unknown said...

Your blog is distinctive. I have found your blog innovative. You have chosen very incredible theme for your sketch. I cherished it.
Greek Clothing

Fan Page Marketing said...

That a very nice article. I get complete information about the hidden camera from this article. So thank you very much to posting me such a wonderful article.

weight loss clinics dublin said...

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject, Bathroom looks fabulous and I have found it enormously useful....